I love the first day of a new month. It's all about starting fresh especially when the previous month has gone awry. I had a lot of plans for 2017, and it started out with a bang! But with that bang came a long to do list that included a blog overhaul. What blog?- you might ask. (I know. I asked it too!) This poor thing has been rather neglected, but here's to dusting it off and relaunching.
If you know me personally, you know that I am a perfectionist. Type A, stack of checklists, and a whole bundle of anxiety that it's still not right. When I was in college one of my art professors took away my pencils and I was only allowed to use pens for the entire semester. It was a little unorthodox, but it got the job done. I learned that it's never just right enough, so you might as well just start. Any mistakes? Just paint over them.
So here we go- I'm painting over it and starting new to get the blog more in line with my business goals and future plans. I still plan to post recipes, but there will be more lifestyle posts similar to this one interspersed with food posts. If that's not your jam, there should be an unsubscribe button an the bottom of this e-mail that will remove you from this list.
My goal for this month is to develop a better morning routine that leads into a more productive day. I experimented with Hal Elrond's Miracle Morning last year and decided to restart it in hopes I can get more accomplished. I also want to work on finding my writing grove. I have several projects in the works, but they won't go anywhere unless I actually start getting things on paper! (Or on word processor, but ya know.)
So what's new with me? Here's a brief recap into 2017 so far!
- My new Etsy store launched on January 1st and I've really enjoyed the custom order requests that have come through so far!
- My word of the year for 2017 is SEEK. I hope to seek new adventures and opportunities. My word ties into Proverbs 3:6, "Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." I also like to choose a theme of the year, and this year's theme is 'CHALLENGE YOUR LIMITS'. (For more information on finding your own word of the year, click here.)
- I ran my first (and only) 15k in January at the Atlanta Hot Chocolate Run. Considering doctors weren't sure if I'd ever walk again, it was a really cool experience (I wanted to cry at mile 8.) and I'm so proud to have completed it in the time limit allowed. It definitely challenged my limits! Talk about starting 2017 off with a bang!
- My horse Cassie gave birth to a gorgeous (and huge!) spotted filly with tons of chrome on January 12th. She looks like her dad and acts like her mom which instantly earned her the moniker 'Ditto'. You can see more pictures of her by searching #meetditto or #dailyditto on Instagram or Facebook. I think she's going to do great things!
- I completed another Whole30 in February, and have implemented so new ideas into my healthy lifestyle choices. They'll be another post later where I'll go more in detail on what I'm doing now!
As always, thanks for reading!